Sunday 22 February 2015

The Black Panther Strikes!

Now, this Centaur Comics character from Stars & Stripes, July, 1941, was one of those comic characters who appeared out of nowhere.  No origin.  No secret identity and...no second appearance. Created, written and drawn by Paul Gustavson -who continued into the 1970s in comics.

Later on, Australian creator Paul Wheelahan created a Panther character -he drew his creation again in the 1990s.

"So what the hell has this got to do with Black Tower?" you ask.  Well, I was working on a third volume of Centaur Heroes but it wasn't to be.  I combined volumes 1 & 2 into The Ultimate Centaur Collection. But I do really love these characters and, yes, I really want to use them.  Maybe another Centaur book or included in another title  In black and white of course!

Now, I have absolutely no idea where all the scans I have on disc come from.  I was sent a lot my a German comic fan in the early 2000s but I cannot even recall his name.  Others have come to me via collectors.  But who scanned what??  No idea but I do sincerely THANK them.

So here is the Black Panther's first and only appearance.














 And how an edited page looks in black & white!

UP NEXT.......

The Incredible Dr Synthe!

No comments:

Post a Comment